Inducted to Kenya's ICT Hall of Fame

ICT Hall of Fame! What a surprise it was for me to learn that I had been nominated, shortlisted and eventually chosen as Kenya's first inductee into the ICT Hall of Fame Proffessional Category. This took place on the 9th of February 2007 at one of Kenya's biggest ICT events - a gala dinner hosted by the Ministry of Information & Communication in conjunction with events organisers. http://www.ictvillage.com/_Fame_BrianLongwe.asp Well, what can I say? I'm just extremely humbled that I would be granted this accolade. It is now incumbent upon me to set out the right example, serve as a suitable role model and also encourage and inspire the younger generation. I think for me the most amazing thing is how difficult my road to this point has been. When I finished high school my parents couldn't afford to send me to college or university and because of constantly being out of class due to delays in school fee payments, my grades were not good enough to gain admission to a public university. After high school I made one simple choice, since I didn't have very much on my side in terms of financial and circumstancial support, I would have to work, train myself in whatever discipline and be extra committed to developing myself as a person into someone worthwhile. I must say now that I thank God, my family and everyone along this difficult road who has given me a chance or opportunity to learn and grow.

Comments

J said…
I know this is after a while - but I had to congratulate on being first in Kenya's ICT hall of fame. Pioneering.

Popular Posts